Under the supervision of a registered nurse, a licensed practical nurse provides direct patient bedside care such as personal hygiene, treatments, and medication administration.
- 2 Semesters in length
- Classes begin in January and July
- Application Deadline: December 1st for January class; June 1st for July class
- Completed Application Process
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Minimum ACT composite score of 17 and 16 or above is required in each subset. The ACT must have been taken in the last 10 years.
- Applicants to the BHSLR School of Nursing PN and RN Accelerated tracks are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Therefore, it is important to submit applications and all required documents as early as possible.
- Please note that these are minimum requirements and applicants are ranked according to academic criteria.
- Although college experience is not required, applicants with college experience will have their college GPA averaged with their high school GPA, thus providing a combined GPA for applicant rating purposes.
PRE REQUISITES TO SEMESTER II:
- Nutrition � General Education Course (may be taken as a co-requisite with Semester I). Must be completed prior to semester II.
- Anatomy & Physiology II with lab� General Education Course (taken as a corequisite with Semester I only if Anatomy and Physiology I with lab is approved as a transfer credit prior to Semester I). If college level approved A&P I has not been successfully completed, PN level anatomy may be taken within the PN curriculum.
How much does the LPN Program cost?
The cost of the BHSLR-SPN varies depending on the individual student. Please download the cost plan for estimated costs.
Do I have to have Nutrition before I am accepted to the LPN program?
No. Nutrition can be taken as a co-requisite with Semester I of the LPN program but must be successfully taken prior to Semester II. If you have previously taken Nutrition at an accredited college or university and earned a final grade of "C" or higher, you may transfer that credit to BHSLR. To view our course transfer guide please click here
What if I don't make a 17 or above on the ACT?
The BHSLR-SPN requires an ACT Composite Score of 17 or above for admission. If you do not score a 17 or above, we recommend that you re-test. Generally, students are able to increase their score each time they take the ACT. We also recommend that you use a study guide or preparatory course that is specifically designed for the ACT. A minimum score of 16 or above is required in all ACT subsets (English, Math, Reading and Science Reasoning).
How many days a week will I be in class?
As a student in the BHSLR-SPN, you will be in class 4 days per week.
Do you offer night or online classes?
A portion of this curriculum may be offered through web-based instruction to a limited number of qualified students.
How much do Licensed Practical Nurses make?
Earnings for Licensed Practical Nurses vary greatly, and have many different factors. Please visit the US Department of Labor website to find out earning information.
(The cost sheets require that Adobe Acrobat Reader be installed on your PC. If you don't have this free software, click here
Please click here to view gainful employment information.